Keeping your iPad 2 device to be up to date always is a good thing, since Apple always provides patch to close the security crack, raising performance and become your private data. Here are steps to update and restore iOS software in Apple iPad 2 :
1. Open iTunes in computer, and make sure your computer connected into internet.
2. Connect your iPad device to computer, then select iPad tab in iTunes.
3. If iOS is not ‘up to date’, then iTunes automatically will give information so you can download and update the iOS. But when iTunes didn’t give information, you can do it manually through iTunes by clicking on “check for updates”. After click on “check for updates”, it would automatically download the latest iOS (download time is depend on your internet speed).
4. After download finished, the latest iOS would automatically be installed to your iPad device
5. After update process is finished, the next step is restoring your data like music, film, and application.